Ageas is a listed international insurance Group with a heritage spanning close to 200 years. We offer Retail and Business customers Life and Non-Life insurance products, and we are also engaged in reinsurance activities.
Our customers are at the heart of our business, and our products and services are designed to anticipate, manage, and cover their risks through a wide range of solutions designed for their needs, both today and in the future.
We are one of Europe's larger insurance companies and we are also well represented in Asia. In total, Ageas is on the ground in 14 countries (Belgium, the UK, France, Portugal, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, and the Philippines) through a combination of wholly owned subsidiaries and long-term partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors.
Ageas ranks among the market leaders in the countries in which it operates. Every day, more than 44,000 skilled and committed employees are at the service of nearly 45 million customers. Our Group has at its foundation a set of core values - Care, Dare, Deliver, and Share – representing who we are and how we work. As a “Supporter of your life” we seek to create social and economic value for our customers, employees, partners, investors, and society at large.
Ageas has been re-certified as Top Employer in 2023.
The objective of the Compliance function is to see that the company and its employees comply with the laws, regulations, internal rules and ethical standards.
To that end, the Compliance Officer will identify and assess potential compliance risk and ensure the professional management (monitoring and mitigating measures) of those. The compliance function aims at making sure that at any time and place, the company conducts business in such a way that whenever questioned about this we can confirm that, if we were to start over, we would conduct business in the same way taking into account the then prevalent situation.
Your responsibilities include among others:
- Support the implementation and execution of the compliance function within Ageas as defined by the regulatory authorities.
- Support regular update on legal and regulatory changes.
- Develop and execute a Compliance Regulatory Outlook.
- Ensure the translation of the regulatory framework and rules into precise policies and instructions.
- Ensure monitoring and assessing of compliance with policies and instructions, take the necessary measures (training, information, sanctions) to reduce potential compliance risks.
- Ensure the adequate reporting both to internal and external stakeholders – compile reports of calls received, investigations conducted, findings and recommendations developed, action plans established, and progress noted.
- Ensure an adequate fraud investigation according set principles whenever required.
- Master’s degree.
Previous experience/ competences
- Minimal 5 years of experience in a Legal/compliance function.
- Understanding of the (re)insurance business and in particular the impact of the regulatory frameworks on the insurance activities.
- Ability to shine in an international context.
- Demonstrate highest degree of integrity and discretion
- Fluent in English both spoken as written.
- Fluent in Dutch or French.
- The possibility of (maximum 50%) home working;
- A dynamic, multicultural working environment;
- An interesting and extensive salary package (including meal vouchers, eco vouchers, hospitalization, disability and group insurance, additional child benefit, mobile allowance and intervention in the internet reimbursement, ...);
- The possibility to optimize part of your salary package through a flexible income plan;
- A corporate culture where you are encouraged to share your views and opinions;
- A flat organizational structure with close collaboration and communication with management and cross departments;
- An extensive range of learning & development opportunities through our online learning platform;
- The opportunity to further develop yourself and to be part of a great team at a Top employer in Belgium.
Please apply online. We are looking forward to talking to you!